Can't install profile on Apple TV 3rd Gen via Apple Configurator 2.5

As of the latest version of Apple Configurator - Version 2.5 (3F60) - I can no longer install a profile on a 3rd generation Apple TV device.

I can successfully connect the Apple TV to Apple Configurator, and it's recognzied, but when I attempt to install a profile I get the following error:

"Apple Configurator 2 supports devices running iOS 7 or later."

Apple Configurator came from the app store and updated automatically, so I can't roll back to a previous version. Does anyone know how to use this version of configurator to install profiles on Apple TV devices prior to the 4th generation? I work for a company that still has an active app on the device, and we have a ton of streams, ad playbacks, and usage across this platform. I need a way to support and troubleshoot the device, so I'm hoping I'm just missing something.

As an alternative, are there any ways to revert to a previous version of Apple Configurator?

Thanks!

I am having the exact same issue. I need to update the certs for a profile created for the Apple TV 3rd generation but can no longer do so with Apple Configurator 2.5. I receive the same error message when I try to install the profile. Does anyone have a workaround?

I also have the same problem. I wish there was some way to download an older version of Apple Configurator.

I have the same issue. Been wasting half a day trying to connect my AppleTV 3 to our enterprise network. What should be as easy as entering a username and a password becomes a frustrating excercise in futility. It just doesn't work™

Please fix the configurator or let us download an older version.

Having the same issue. Please fix this ASAP.

i also have the same issue, Where can i download older version apple configurator 2

I am having the exact same issue. I changed the password and want update the profile but the Apple Configurator 2 said it won't support tvos for earlier version.

I have over 20 AppleTV 3rd gen in my company. All become useless. 😐😠😟

Anyone in Apple, pls fix it. At least provide the old configurator for us to update the profile.

Why the Apple TV cannot support Enterprise Wi-Fi out of the box.😠😠😠

I'm having the same issue - the Apple TV appears locked. Could someone from apple please provide a solution?

Thanks you

KDLaw

Can't install profile on Apple TV 3rd Gen via Apple Configurator 2.5

Q