watch os 2 beta 3

Does anybody know when beta 3 will be ready for download. I was expecting it today but its 5pm and still nothing.

Replies

It's working now and beta3 update is available in Watch App

Got it now! 2:37pm EST

I resolved this by turning of send usage and diagnostics in iPhone settings. Once that cleared up it connected and responded much quicker

Same

I turned off Usage and Diagnostics after I was finally able to start the Software Update to my Watch, (not sure if that's doing anything yet).

I have "Estimating time remaining..." with no progress on the bar yet (after about 10 minutes).

Not sure if it's actually going to do something this time, but it's the furthest I've got so far since the beta 3 release.

Scott

Is it necessary to install the iPhone and Watch profiles again in order to update to beta 3?

Mine froze like that too for a bit, I had to keep unlocking my phone, going into software update and clicking download and install. It probably took me 3-4 attempts to get it working, but I have it installing now.

Hi Everyone,

I think I can help quite a few of you with my experienes.

1. Make sure you are runnign iOS beta 3 before you try anyting with the watch and have rebooted at least once since installing the third iOS beta.
  2. If you encounter connection issues, the consensus is that turning off diagnostics & use reporting in your iPhone settings works (Settings > Privacy > Diagnostics & Usage > "Don't Send"). This solved my issue, but your experience may vary
  3. Once you've detected the download, it may take multiple attempts of locking your iPhone, unlocking, pressing the Download & Install button, entering your iPhone password before the install happens. If you persevere, this will eventually work.
  4. Beta 3 for me is taking about twice as long to install as beta 2 did. A few of my colleagues have confirmed this too, that appears to be the norm.

-Ryan

ttold me it would take 45 mins but it took 20 mins to download and then another 10 mins to install.

3:24pm CST. Still no watchOS 2.0 beta 3 showing up as an OTA update in the Watch app on iPhone running iOS 9.0 beta 3.

About same times for me. But unfortunately something went wrong when it was installing about half way of the dial. I got the red exclamation mark! And now the watch is unusable because the hard reset didn't work. Just red exclamation mark over and over. Arranging with Apple to send it in right now.

i had to reboot watch and phone and reinstall the provisioning file second time on watch before the update showed up

Does the pro. file go on the watch and phone or just watch?

just the watch you install it from your phone . i had to restart my phone afer installing beta 3 and then install the watch profile

Once I reinstalled the profile, I was able to get the new beta started. It could have been a coincidence but I think not.

So, if you can't get to the new beta, try reinstalling the profile. It might help...