"failed to processImage" in videoProcessor

Hello,

I’m working on a program that analyzes video files frame by frame to detect human poses in each frame. However, during the process of reading observations from the stream, the analysis frequently stops with the following error:

[LOG_ERROR] /Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/MediaAnalysis/VideoProcessing/VCPHumanPoseImageRequest.mm[85]: code -18

[LOG_ERROR] /Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/MediaAnalysis/VideoProcessing/VCPHumanPoseImageRequest.mm[178]: code -18

The error was caught and printed using a do-catch block, and here is the output:

Error Domain=NSOSStatusErrorDomain Code=-18 "Error: failed to processImage" UserInfo={NSLocalizedDescription=Error: failed to processImage}

While the do-catch block helps prevent the app from crashing, the frames following the error cannot be analyzed.

I’m hoping to understand the cause of this error, or find a way to skip the problematic frames and continue analyzing the subsequent ones.

My development environment is Xcode Version 16.0 (16A242d) and iOS 18.0. Thank you for your help. (Attaching my code below.)

let videoProcessor = VideoProcessor(videoURL)
let bodyPoseRequest = DetectHumanBodyPoseRequest()

let asset = AVURLAsset(url: videoURL)
let videoTrack = try await asset.loadTracks(withMediaType: .video).first 

let bodyPoseStream = try await videoProcessor.addRequest(bodyPoseRequest)
videoProcessor.startAnalysis()

do {
    for try await observations in bodyPoseStream {
        guard let observation = observations.first else { continue }

if let timeRange = observation.timeRange {
            /// do something...
        }
    } 
} catch {
    print("\(error.localizedDescription)")
}
"failed to processImage" in videoProcessor