Upload Symbols Failed on Xcode 16

I am using GoogleMobileAds package dependencies and now when I want to archive and export an app I get this two warnings :

Upload Symbols Failed The archive did not include a dSYM for the GoogleMobileAds.framework with the UUIDs [13B55A37-D103-36E1-8D7B-FA4EAB2C8146]. Ensure that the archive's dSYM folder includes a DWARF file for GoogleMobileAds.framework with the expected UUIDs.

Upload Symbols Failed The archive did not include a dSYM for the UserMessagingPlatform.framework with the UUIDs [A3941120-02A1-30B5-8C28-BFC0F9496E16]. Ensure that the archive's dSYM folder includes a DWARF file for UserMessagingPlatform.framework with the expected UUIDs.

I have updated the packages to 11.9.0 (lasted) and Xcode 16 to 16 RC (lasted also) and I would like to know how to fix this... With Xcode 15 I have no problem !! I can export with no warnings ! But now with Xcode 16 no... Thanks for helping !

Answered by lmDeveloper1 in 803773022

i would submit some Feedbacks we are seeing this with other SDK's the more feedbacks / info they have the more they can investigate, i have a feeling this is a xcode validation issue, for now im just ignoring them, i can still upload apps / deploy so its not a stopper, just annoying getting warnings

Same issue started with Xcode 16. I am getting with Spotify SDK as well.

I have the same issue for every framework in flutter. Does anyone have any solution?

This steps works for me

1. Edit Scheme...
  2. Check left side menu "Archive" make sure Build Configuration is "Release"

(For me it is "Debug" and cause the issue so I change to "Release" theื rebuild the archive and the issue disappears.

Any ETA for fixing this ? Is Xcode 16.1 beta includes a fix ?

Same issue

My xcframework SDK was bundled with Xcode 16 and I still got this warning when shipped the app to the TestFlight, which maybe just a bug or another annoying waring.

Edit the project.pbxproj in a text editor and add the following line

DEBUG_INFORMATION_FORMAT = "dwarf-with-dsym";

to the release configuration of your app (search for the bundle id for which the DSYM is missing and add it to the release configuration(.

Same issue here, Xcode 16 build on previously working Xcode 15. It looks like Xcode 16’s settings conversion is clearing the setting, or has changed the default setting for Debug Information Format.

I’ve found the following removes the error and allows distribution.

Go to your target's Build Settings and enter "debug information format" in the search field. For Debug, Release and Test, make sure the setting is "DWARF with dSYM File".

Now Clean Build Folder and then Archive.

Upload Symbols Failed on Xcode 16

Q