Vision Pro App Stuck on Loading Screen – Works Fine on Simulator

Hi everyone,

I'm currently developing an app for Vision Pro using SwiftUI, and I've encountered an issue when testing on the Vision Pro device. The app works perfectly fine on the Vision Pro simulator in Xcode, but when I run it on the actual device, it gets stuck on the loading screen. The logo appears and pulsates when it loads, as expected, but it never progresses beyond that point.

Issue Details:

• The app doesn't crash, and I don't see any major errors in the console. However, in the debug logs, I encounter an exception:

Thread 1: "*** -[NSProxy doesNotRecognizeSelector:plane] called!"

I’ve searched through my project, but there’s no direct reference to a selector named plane. I suspect it may be related to a framework or system call failing on the device.

• There’s also this warning:

NSBundle file:///System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/MetalTools.framework/ principal class is nil because all fallbacks have failed.

What I’ve Tried:

• Verified that all assets and resources are properly bundled and loading (since simulators tend to be more forgiving with file paths).
  • Tested the app with minimal UI to isolate potential causes, but the issue persists.
  • Checked the app's Info.plist configuration to ensure it’s properly set up for Vision Pro.
  • No crashes, just a loading screen hang on the device, while the app works fine in the Vision Pro simulator.

Additional Info:

• The app’s UI consists of a loading animation (pulsating logo) before transitioning to the main content.
  • Using Xcode 16.1 Beta, VisionOS SDK.
  • The app is based on SwiftUI, with Vision Pro optimizations for immersive experience.

Has anyone experienced something similar when moving from the simulator to the Vision Pro hardware? Any help or guidance would be appreciated, especially with regards to the exception or potential resource loading issues specific to the device.

Thanks in advance!

Hey @givenxr,

I'd love to investigate this issue more but without access to the source code it's hard to know what might be occurring. I'd greatly appreciate it if you could open a bug report, include a sample project replicating the issue, and post the FB number here once you do.

Bug Reporting: How and Why? has tips on creating your bug report.

Thanks!
Michael

Vision Pro App Stuck on Loading Screen – Works Fine on Simulator

Q