Not getting User's location in Background Mode

We developed a app in which the I need the app to update the User's location even in background( even after terminating from the recent UI ), Currently I am receiving the location updates when the user has kept the app in open and if minimised, But I want that it should update the location even when it is removed from recent app (minimised UI)(after terminating the app) Is it possible to do so.???

Answered by Engineer in 802400022

Certain APIs of CoreLocation will continue working and relaunch your app for location updates even after your app has been force closed by the user.

You can start by reading Handling location updates in the background

In the classic CoreLocation APIs, you can do this for various APIs except for continuous GPS updates. If you want to continue continuous GPS level location updates even after the user has force closed your app, then you will need to use the new CLLocationUpdate's liveUpdates(_:) instead of CLLocationManager's startUpdatingLocation(), if that is what you have been using.

Argun Tekant /  DTS Engineer / Core Technologies

Certain APIs of CoreLocation will continue working and relaunch your app for location updates even after your app has been force closed by the user.

You can start by reading Handling location updates in the background

In the classic CoreLocation APIs, you can do this for various APIs except for continuous GPS updates. If you want to continue continuous GPS level location updates even after the user has force closed your app, then you will need to use the new CLLocationUpdate's liveUpdates(_:) instead of CLLocationManager's startUpdatingLocation(), if that is what you have been using.

Argun Tekant /  DTS Engineer / Core Technologies

Not getting User's location in Background Mode

Q