App Thinning Size Report for App as App Store build

Hello!

Is it possible to make App Thinning Size Report for app store distribution with command "xcodebuild -exportArchive -archivePath iOSApp.xcarchive -exportPath Release/MyApp -exportOptionsPlist ExportOptions.plist" ? https://developer.apple.com/documentation/xcode/reducing-your-app-s-size#Automate-the-generation-of-the-app-size-report

I tried to do this by specifying "method": "app-store" in ExportOptions.plist, but it doesn't work. I get an empty app-thinning.plist as output. But when I specify "method": "enterprise", it works correctly.

Is it true that App Thinning Size Reports are only generated when the archive is exported for Ad Hoc or Enterprise distribution (not for App Store) ?

Answered by DTS Engineer in 799990022

Is it true that App Thinning Size Reports are only generated when the archive is exported for Ad Hoc or Enterprise distribution (not for App Store) ?

For the report that is output as part of the xcodebuild -exportArchive command you mention, that's correct, the app thinning size report is not output for the App Store method. However, while you don't get the same report on disk after exporting for App Store exports, the data is available through the Builds and metadata section of App Store Connect.

— Ed Ford,  DTS Engineer

Accepted Answer

For the report that is output as part of the xcodebuild -exportArchive command you mention, that's correct, the app thinning size report is not output for the App Store method. However, while you don't get the same report on disk after exporting for App Store exports, the data is available through the Builds and metadata section of App Store Connect.

— Ed Ford,  DTS Engineer

App Thinning Size Report for App as App Store build

Q