Downgrading from iOS 18 beta 2 to iOS 18 beta 1

So, I’ve been using iOS 18 beta for some time, it worked perfectly and flawlessly. I downloaded and installed iOS 18 beta 2, and it has made my iPhone not so much usable, it’s really laggy, buggy, slow, makes my phone hot. Is there a way to roll back to iOS 18 beta 1? I’ve made a backup of my iPhone on my iMac before installing beta 2. I would have posted this on the normal apple community, but my post was taken down because it contained stuff related to beta software.

Answered by Siissioe123 in 793375022

Nvm, it fixed itself

The phone is unusable, I’ve made like 5 forced restarts the last 2 hours

Im also having the same issue. After using such thing as youtube for less than 5 minutes, my device started overheating and becomes really buggy and slowly compares to iOS 18 beta 1 it was a terrible experience 😔. my device is iPhone 11 pro max.

App icons wont appear or load and even if low powermode is off, the refresh rate wont go up 120hz and stays at 60, somtimes 30hz

Accepted Answer

Nvm, it fixed itself

I would honest never suggest anybody to use any developer beta unless they have a buffer model to handle the bugs that it will have. They are the earliest versions of the new OS designed for developers to test their applications within the new environment as early as possible. Using this on a primary device introduces bugs, security vulnerabilities, potential data loss, and some users even report a degradation in their battery health due to the OS not being optimized for general production. A friendly warning to anybody who might potentionally see this before updating.

Downgrading from iOS 18 beta 2 to iOS 18 beta 1

Q