Can an automaker app and a Carplay app (when automaker is not possible) live in the same App?

Hi,

I'm trying to investigate if there is any way to have an app that displays an automaker app when the Carplay environment has the automaker protocol string, and displays a Carplay App (Driving Task) when there isn't the automaker protocol string.

I was able to start developing an automaker app, but with an iOS16.0 deprecated method (with UIScreen Notifications), I'm not able to do it via the scene delegate... There is any kind of documentation of how to do it?

I think the clue may be in the scene delegate with the property Preferred Default Scene Session Role, where I think the automaker app is a Window Application Session Role, but the scene delegate is not triggered when I open the Carplay App in the simulator.

So am I missing something? Is there a way to do it or have I to publish two apps in order to use the two kind of carplay apps... ?

Thank you very much.

Hi, this isn't possible currently. They will need to be two separate apps.

Can an automaker app and a Carplay app (when automaker is not possible) live in the same App?

Q