Limited number of TextureResource.DrawableQueue in VisionOS 2

Has there been an adjustment in the maximum number of DrawableQueues that can be swapped for textures in VisionOS 2? Or an adjustment in the total amount of RAM allowed in a scene?

I have been having a difficult time getting more than one DrawableQueue to appear when it worked fine in VisionOS 1.x.

Answered by jnorris441 in 791294022

I believe this was partially a misunderstanding of how .replace(withDrawables:) works.

It operates on the texture level, not a per material/per parameter level. If you stop and think it makes complete sense.

If you have different materials with parameters that you want to replace, but they all share the same assigned texture, swapping that texture for a drawable queue in one material parameter will replace it in all other materials. So if you try swapping them all, it will just stop working.

I really wish the developer documentation was better, it would save so much time.

Accepted Answer

I believe this was partially a misunderstanding of how .replace(withDrawables:) works.

It operates on the texture level, not a per material/per parameter level. If you stop and think it makes complete sense.

If you have different materials with parameters that you want to replace, but they all share the same assigned texture, swapping that texture for a drawable queue in one material parameter will replace it in all other materials. So if you try swapping them all, it will just stop working.

I really wish the developer documentation was better, it would save so much time.

Limited number of TextureResource.DrawableQueue in VisionOS 2

Q