iOS app crash with UIKitcore - UIAlertController

I have recently submitted a new app version to the Appstore with Xcode 15.0. Unfortunately, I have started to see the below crash in the Xcode organiser > Crashes section occurring for more number of times.

UIKitCore: +[UIAlertController _alertControllerContainedInViewController:] + 160

The exception trace is not leading to main() function but not pointing to any of the code line. I had used UIAlertController in the past versions to show the alerts but there is no code written in the current version code related to UIAlertController. Only from the latest version, this kind of crash started to surface.

In the latest release, We have added a third party SDK and while implementing the SDK, we had added the Location and Bluetooth Permissions in Info.plist file. But as we don't want to use/track the Location and Bluetooth details from the app, the SDK team has disabled the Location and Bluetooth settings to not reflect in the tracked data. Is this behaviour creating any conflict with the UIAlertController and logging the crash? Because by default the OS tries to show the alert when the permissions exist in the plist file, but the alert will not come as the service is disabled on the SDK server settings. Is this creating any conflict and logging the crash.

Please extend your help.

Is this behaviour creating any conflict with the UIAlertController and logging the crash?

I think that’s unlikely. Alerts like that are usually presented by the OS, outside of your app’s process.

Can you post a full Apple crash report? See Posting a Crash Report for advice on how to do that.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

iOS app crash with UIKitcore - UIAlertController

Q