Problem Specific to DuckDuckGo Browser on MacBook Pro

I had DuckDuckGo browser installed and working fine on my MacBook Pro for years. Currently DDG Verion 1.85.0, MBP M2 Max Sonoma 14.4.1

Up until two days ago everything worked fine. Then, while using DDG to access a Copyright.gov site a security alert popped up. Now, because I followed a link from an email from the copyright.gov office, I suspected it might be suspicious so I hit escape until it canceled the load and exited DDG.

I used the browser successfully the rest of the day with no issues.

The following day DDG would not open any websites I tried except two (google and duotrope.com)

The next day, no website would open.

The error message I received was "DuckDuckGo Can't Load This Page" and "The network connection was lost"

There is no problem with my network. All email, other browsers, streaming services, everything works fine. But not DDG.

I have reinstalled DDG several times, deleting any remaining DDG files I could fine, in between. I even tried it in safe mode and I rebooted the WiFi router. Still the same error.

I've checked network settings, keychain permissions, antivirus permissions (I use intego) I cannot seem to figure out what could be causing the issue.

I have another MacBook Pro with DDG installed and it works fine. I tried copying that one to this MBP and I get the same error.

Hell, at this point I'd light incense candles and sacrifice a chicken if it would work.

Does anyone have any idea what could be causing my issue?

Replies

These are the Developer Forums, where developers of apps for Apple's platforms ask each other for hints and tips on coding. These forums are not where Apple's actual developers chat about stuff.

Your question is more of a product support one, so I'd suggest you ask it over at the Apple Support Forums. Thanks.