Feedback form

I'm on my final steps 'polishing' my app before submitting to AppStore however there is something that bothers me. My Feedback section is somehow asking for the User's data in order to submit a Feedback. Do i need to include some sort of Privacy Policy for this? The app is working offline and is for educational purposes teaching users the basics of Swift in an interactive way. ... it doesn't require any sensitive information from the user apart from this form...Feedback is critical, any suggestion?

Accepted Reply

Feedback is critical,

Critical to you or to the user ?

2 thoughts:

• In Europe you have to comply with GDPR regulation on privacy
  • See guideline 5.1.1

(ii) Permission: Apps that collect user or usage data must secure user consent for the collection, even if such data is considered to be anonymous at the time of or immediately following collection. Paid functionality must not be dependent on or require a user to grant access to this data. Apps must also provide the customer with an easily accessible and understandable way to withdraw consent. Ensure your purpose strings clearly and completely describe your use of the data. Apps that collect data for a legitimate interest without consent by relying on the terms of the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) or similar statute must comply with all terms of that law. Learn more about Requesting Permission (https://developer.apple.com/documentation/uikit/protecting_the_user_s_privacy/).

Replies

Feedback is critical,

Critical to you or to the user ?

2 thoughts:

• In Europe you have to comply with GDPR regulation on privacy
  • See guideline 5.1.1

(ii) Permission: Apps that collect user or usage data must secure user consent for the collection, even if such data is considered to be anonymous at the time of or immediately following collection. Paid functionality must not be dependent on or require a user to grant access to this data. Apps must also provide the customer with an easily accessible and understandable way to withdraw consent. Ensure your purpose strings clearly and completely describe your use of the data. Apps that collect data for a legitimate interest without consent by relying on the terms of the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) or similar statute must comply with all terms of that law. Learn more about Requesting Permission (https://developer.apple.com/documentation/uikit/protecting_the_user_s_privacy/).

Feedback is critical to me since i'll build the MVP. Thank you for sharing those guidelines. I did some research and yes Feedback form falls under data protection regulations

In the meanwhile i have implemented a tailored Privacy Policy. It's quite long but here is a highlight when it comes to the Feedback Form it may be useful for the other developers as well