[iOS 17.4, XCode 15.3] Previously working NWConnection for peer-to-peer connection now permanently stuck on "Preparing"

After updating my devices to iOS/iPadOS 17.4, and XCode to 15.3, Network framework peer-to-peer connections have stopped working entirely. The system was working fine before and the code has not been changed.

On the client side (NWBrowser) the server (NWListener) can be seen, but upon attempting to establish a connection the client-side NWConnection.State gets permanently stuck at .preparing.

NWConnection.stateUpdateHandler doesn't enter any other state. It doesn't seem as though it's taking a long time to prepare; it's just stuck. This situation occurs across multiple connection modes (wired, common wifi, separate wifi).

Additional information

I didn't participate in the 17.4 beta and RC The code in "Creating a custom peer-to-peer protocol" works--this code forms the basis of my code

Replies

After restarting my Mac and the devices, things seem to be working fine (with no change to the code)

Does anyone else experience strange, transient behavior on update day, especially before restarting? This isn't the first time this happened to me

Also, if there's a janitor on this board, would you kindly delete this thread?

I’m glad to hear that you sorted this out.

Also, if there's a janitor on this board, would you kindly delete this thread?

We generally don’t delete threads unless they’re actively toxic. And if we deleted this, no one would be able to answer your follow-up question:

Does anyone else experience strange, transient behavior on update day, especially before restarting?

Speaking personally, I haven’t yet updated (-:

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"