Xcode not finding Apple Vision Pro to build app

Unable to load device in Xcode or Finder app

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of adsfadsfsdf Down vote post of adsfadsfsdf
4.4k views

Replies

You connect to the headset over wifi, not with a cable.

In the headset navigate to Settings -> Privacy & Security -> Enable Developer Mode (at the bottom)

Restart the headset and it should now show up in Xcode -> Window -> Devices and Simulators

Not sure where this info might be in the official docs...

Add a Comment

I couldn't work out how to do this either but then I was able to get it working by going into Settings > General > Remote Devices. Then I selected my Mac and entered the code. Only after it was paired with my Mac like this was I able to go into Privacy & Security then enable Developer Mode at the bottom to use it with Xcode.

• How did you pair with your mac? When I open Settings > General > Remove Devices it just says Ready to Pair but I don't see how to pair it with my mac

• Thank you! This was the ticket.

• @pigeonpoplarpop I'm having the same problem, were you able to resolve it? My mac is on the same network as the Vision Pro but still can't see anything on the Remote Devices window

Can we purchase some sort of USB C data cable for being able to install our apps to test without using Wifi?

• Yes, there is now a $299 USB developer accessory available. It replaces the entire right arm/speaker, and has a USB port handing off of it.

Add a Comment

So just to clear up, the full steps are:

1. Connect to same wifi network
  2. On Vision Pro -> Settings > General > Remote Devices
  3. On Mac -> Xcode -> Devices & Simulators -> Select the Vision Pro & enter the code
  4. On Mac -> Run a build targeted at your vision pro device which should now be a run destination (Developer mode setting wasn't visible till I did this), you will get an error saying developer mode is not enabled
  5. On Vision Pro -> Privacy & Security > Developer Mode

Quite a process, surprised someone forgot to document this :)

• Thank you for this!

• I follow this steps but got stuck at step 3 as the device not show up in the list yesterday. I did these.

update my visionOSupdate my Xcode from 15.2 beta 1 to 15.3 beta 1 (latest one from developer.apple.com yesterday)go to place with less crowded wifi (from Apple Park Visitor Center to Ramen Shop in the Marketplace on Steven Creek Blvd.)

And the device appear in the list but stuck with another problem - the provisional profile error

• For the provisional profile problem I solved by Restarting Xcode, then, the error message changed and there the button to click to register device. after registering the device successfully I can follow the remaining steps and successfully run my app in the vision pro I bought from the store wirelessly successfully

i can't seem to find my vision pro in bluetooth on my mac... is this an OS or firmware issue? which version are u using

Please see this article for information about the steps you need to take to run your app on a Vision Pro: https://developer.apple.com/documentation/xcode/running-your-app-in-simulator-or-on-a-device#Connect-real-devices-to-your-Mac

after remote connecting it shows my vision pro on the right panel, but not as a listed device. and developer mode doesnt show up in settings.

oh wait does it require a apple silicon mac? if so, thats wack!

Hi Guys, I tried all the steps.

It gives me a code but once I enter it doesn't show connect on my Xcode, but I can see my Mac name in Vision Pro under the remote device. Also, I don't see a developer mode option under the privacy menu. I using Intel Mac, too with Xcode 15.2

Anyone has found solution?

You need an Apple silicon Mac to deploy on an Apple Vision Pro device. It doesn't connect with the Apple Intel chip even in Xcode 15. https://developer.apple.com/documentation/visionos

Raise a request to Apple to support Intel Macs.

Same issue. Done everything that has been suggested here it still does not work. It works on my home WiFi, but not on my office WiFi. It looks like Apple requires a WiFi network that supports Bonjour. Need to have another conversation with our IT people. It's ironic that they can implement Mac screen sharing without requiring an external wiFi network, but do not support the same connection for app installation and debugging. 🤦‍♂️

I tried with every step mentioned but still with no luck. It shows once in a while after multiple times restarting connect/disconnect BT, having on same wifi. But once removed and add again doesn't show up in Xcode.