Content filter network extension activated&enabled, but not configured?

The code I have is

if (filterManager.providerConfiguration == nil)
                  {
                          NEFilterProviderConfiguration *providerConfiguration = [[NEFilterProviderConfiguration alloc] init];
                          providerConfiguration.filterPackets = YES;
                          providerConfiguration.filterPacketProviderBundleIdentifier = filterBundle.bundleIdentifier;
                          filterManager.providerConfiguration = providerConfiguration;
                          NSString *appName = [NSBundle mainBundle].infoDictionary[@"CFBundleName"];
                          if (appName != nil)
                          {
                                  filterManager.localizedDescription = [NSString stringWithFormat:@"%@ (packet filter)", appName];
                          }
                  }
                  if (filterManager.enabled)
                  {
                          NSLog(@"Packet filter already enabled, not doing so again");
                          return;                                                              
                  }
                  filterManager.enabled = YES;

It's claiming the filter is already enabled. But System Settings > Network shows it there, with a yellow dot. My best guess is that it's showing up as already enabled in the preferences, even though it... isn't? I also log a message in the filter's init, and I don't see that showing up.

I've got sysdiagnose from it and a working system, and I'm going over soooooooo many log lines. I don't know what might be causing this, however.

Accepted Reply

Ok, this was solved: the MDM profile in question had our VPN under one name, and the WCF under another ("Foo" and "Foo 1"), and this apparently made it not work. I really need to get familiar with MDM deployment, sigh.

Replies

Ok, this was solved: the MDM profile in question had our VPN under one name, and the WCF under another ("Foo" and "Foo 1"), and this apparently made it not work. I really need to get familiar with MDM deployment, sigh.