Network.framework crash on iOS 12: symbol not found _$s7Network12NWConnectionC5StateOMa

I'm building an older app that's on the app store in XCode 15.2.

It runs fine on iOS 15, 16, 17. It is supported on iOS 12 and when I try to run on iOS 12 it crashes.

I'm not sure why this is happening. Anyone know?

Crash report:

Snippet:

Exception Type: EXC_CRASH (SIGKILL) Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000 Exception Note: EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY Termination Description: DYLD, Symbol not found: _$s7Network12NWConnectionC5StateOMa | Referenced from: /private/var/containers/Bundle/Application/C5B7AB67-6F8C-4EE3-977C-2076C4F06729/Photobooth.app/Frameworks/VideoNetworkFramework.framework/VideoNetworkFramework | Expected in: /System/Library/Frameworks/Network.framework/Network Triggered by Thread: 0

Accepted Reply

Update: i'm not sure why, but changing the required iOS version on the framework from iOS 9 to iOS 12 solved the problem. The framework did indeed run on iOS 9 but we don't need it to anymore...

Replies

Update: i'm not sure why, but changing the required iOS version on the framework from iOS 9 to iOS 12 solved the problem. The framework did indeed run on iOS 9 but we don't need it to anymore...

Xcode 15’s minimum supported deployment target is iOS 12. If you set your deployment target to lower than that:

• Xcode will warn you that this is not supported.

• You will run into weird errors like this one.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"