Missing Entitlement. The bundle ... is missing entitlement 'com.apple.developer.networking.networkextension'."

Hello everyone, I'm encountering an issue while trying to publish an app on TestFlight. The app in question is Home Assistant, which I've compiled from the source. I am able to compile and install the app on my device without any problems. My company's developer account is properly configured, and I have set Xcode to automatically manage the provisioning profile. The archive is also created successfully, but when I attempt to upload it to Apple Store Connect for testing via TestFlight, I receive the following error: ERROR: [ContentDelivery.Uploader] Asset validation failed (90525) Missing Entitlement. The bundle 'Home Assistant.app/PlugIns/HomeAssistant-Extensions-PushProvider.appex' is missing entitlement 'com.apple.developer.networking.networkextension'. (ID: ceac6dcc-9c76-412e-8ea7-f2d2845f8013) I've made several attempts to resolve this issue to no avail. For instance, if I add the missing capability manually, then I am informed that the provisioning profile is incorrect. However, checking the network extension settings on my company's dev account, I see nothing related to push notifications, which are located elsewhere. Thus, I am stuck in a loop where either the provisioning file is correct but the entitlement is missing, or if the entitlement is present, then the provisioning profile is deemed incorrect.

URL:https://contentdelivery.itunes.apple.com
 status code: 409 (conflict)
    httpBody: {
  "errors" : [ {
    "id" : "ceac6dcc-9c76-412e-8ea7-f2d2845f8013",
    "status" : "409",
    "code" : "STATE_ERROR.VALIDATION_ERROR.90525",
    "title" : "Asset validation failed",
    "detail" : "Missing Entitlement. The bundle 'Home Assistant.app/PlugIns/HomeAssistant-Extensions-PushProvider.appex' is missing entitlement 'com.apple.developer.networking.networkextension'."
  }, {
    "id" : "9ff2143b-3c00-4912-b59f-8342fa6fe5c0",
    "status" : "409",
    "code" : "STATE_ERROR.VALIDATION_ERROR.90525",
    "title" : "Asset validation failed",
    "detail" : "Missing Entitlement. The bundle 'Home Assistant.app' is missing entitlement 'com.apple.developer.networking.networkextension'."
  } ]
}
=======================================
2024-01-10 23:19:35.506 ERROR: [ContentDelivery.Uploader] Asset validation failed (90525) Missing Entitlement. The bundle 'Home Assistant.app/PlugIns/HomeAssistant-Extensions-PushProvider.appex' is missing entitlement 'com.apple.developer.networking.networkextension'. (ID: ceac6dcc-9c76-412e-8ea7-f2d2845f8013)
2024-01-10 23:19:35.506 DEBUG: [ContentDelivery.Uploader] Error Domain=ContentDelivery Code=90525 "Asset validation failed" UserInfo={NSLocalizedFailureReason=Missing Entitlement. The bundle 'Home Assistant.app/PlugIns/HomeAssistant-Extensions-PushProvider.appex' is missing entitlement 'com.apple.developer.networking.networkextension'. (ID: ceac6dcc-9c76-412e-8ea7-f2d2845f8013), NSUnderlyingError=0x6000022b6430 {Error Domain=IrisAPI Code=-19241 "Asset validation failed" UserInfo={status=409, detail=Missing Entitlement. The bundle 'Home Assistant.app/PlugIns/HomeAssistant-Extensions-PushProvider.appex' is missing entitlement 'com.apple.developer.networking.networkextension'., id=ceac6dcc-9c76-412e-8ea7-f2d2845f8013, code=STATE_ERROR.VALIDATION_ERROR.90525, title=Asset validation failed, NSLocalizedFailureReason=Missing Entitlement. The bundle 'Home Assistant.app/PlugIns/HomeAssistant-Extensions-PushProvider.appex' is missing entitlement 'com.apple.developer.networking.networkextension'., NSLocalizedDescription=Asset validation failed}}, iris-code=STATE_ERROR.VALIDATION_ERROR.90525, NSLocalizedDescription=Asset validation failed}
2024-01-10 23:19:35.507 ERROR: [ContentDelivery.Uploader] Asset validation failed (90525) Missing Entitlement. The bundle 'Home Assistant.app' is missing entitlement 'com.apple.developer.networking.networkextension'. (ID: 9ff2143b-3c00-4912-b59f-8342fa6fe5c0)
2024-01-10 23:19:35.507 DEBUG: [ContentDelivery.Uploader] Error Domain=ContentDelivery Code=90525 "Asset validation failed" UserInfo={NSLocalizedFailureReason=Missing Entitlement. The bundle 'Home Assistant.app' is missing entitlement 'com.apple.developer.networking.networkextension'. (ID: 9ff2143b-3c00-4912-b59f-8342fa6fe5c0), NSUnderlyingError=0x6000022b6640 {Error Domain=IrisAPI Code=-19241 "Asset validation failed" UserInfo={status=409, detail=Missing Entitlement. The bundle 'Home Assistant.app' is missing entitlement 'com.apple.developer.networking.networkextension'., id=9ff2143b-3c00-4912-b59f-8342fa6fe5c0, code=STATE_ERROR.VALIDATION_ERROR.90525, title=Asset validation failed, NSLocalizedFailureReason=Missing Entitlement. The bundle 'Home Assistant.app' is missing entitlement 'com.apple.developer.networking.networkextension'., NSLocalizedDescription=Asset validation failed}}, iris-code=STATE_ERROR.VALIDATION_ERROR.90525, NSLocalizedDescription=Asset validation failed}
2024-01-10 23:19:35.507 DEBUG: [ContentDelivery.Uploader] swinfo errors: (
    "Error Domain=ContentDelivery Code=90525 \"Asset validation failed\" UserInfo={NSLocalizedFailureReason=Missing Entitlement. The bundle 'Home Assistant.app/PlugIns/HomeAssistant-Extensions-PushProvider.appex' is missing entitlement 'com.apple.developer.networking.networkextension'. (ID: ceac6dcc-9c76-412e-8ea7-f2d2845f8013), NSUnderlyingError=0x6000022b6430 {Error Domain=IrisAPI Code=-19241 \"Asset validation failed\" UserInfo={status=409, detail=Missing Entitlement. The bundle 'Home Assistant.app/PlugIns/HomeAssistant-Extensions-PushProvider.appex' is missing entitlement 'com.apple.developer.networking.networkextension'., id=ceac6dcc-9c76-412e-8ea7-f2d2845f8013, code=STATE_ERROR.VALIDATION_ERROR.90525, title=Asset validation failed, NSLocalizedFailureReason=Missing Entitlement. The bundle 'Home Assistant.app/PlugIns/HomeAssistant-Extensions-PushProvider.appex' is missing entitlement 'com.apple.developer.networking.networkextension'., NSLocalizedDescription=Asset validation failed}}, iris-code=STATE_ERROR.VALIDATION_ERROR.90525, NSLocalizedDescription=Asset validation failed}",
    "Error Domain=ContentDelivery Code=90525 \"Asset validation failed\" UserInfo={NSLocalizedFailureReason=Missing Entitlement. The bundle 'Home Assistant.app' is missing entitlement 'com.apple.developer.networking.networkextension'. (ID: 9ff2143b-3c00-4912-b59f-8342fa6fe5c0), NSUnderlyingError=0x6000022b6640 {Error Domain=IrisAPI Code=-19241 \"Asset validation failed\" UserInfo={status=409, detail=Missing Entitlement. The bundle 'Home Assistant.app' is missing entitlement 'com.apple.developer.networking.networkextension'., id=9ff2143b-3c00-4912-b59f-8342fa6fe5c0, code=STATE_ERROR.VALIDATION_ERROR.90525, title=Asset validation failed, NSLocalizedFailureReason=Missing Entitlement. The bundle 'Home Assistant.app' is missing entitlement 'com.apple.developer.networking.networkextension'., NSLocalizedDescription=Asset validation failed}}, iris-code=STATE_ERROR.VALIDATION_ERROR.90525, NSLocalizedDescription=Asset validation failed}"
)

The name HomeAssistant-Extensions-PushProvider.appex suggests you’re building an app push provider, as documented in Local Push Connectivity. Is that right?

If so, such providers need a app-push-provider entry in their com.apple.developer.networking.networkextension entitlement. Access to that specific value has to be granted by Apple. Have you applied for, and been granted access to, that value?

IMPORTANT The NE entitlement works differently than most other entitlements in that it’s not a simple Boolean. Rather, the entitlement is an array, where each array entry claims a specific NE provider type. Each entry that you claim must be authorised by a corresponding entry in your provisioning profile. Originally you had to apply to Apple to use any of these values, but in 2016 we changed that (see Network Extension Framework Entitlements). You now only have to apply for access if you’re using specific values. IIRC app-push-provider is the only one that falls into that category.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

Thank you very much for your response.

I'm still encountering the same issue and would like to ensure that I'm not making any mistakes.

I have set the Network Extensions in the Apple Developer Identity section.

Then I found these two configuration files for the Entitlements:

App-ios.entitlements

Extension-ios.entitlements

I added the following lines to both files:

<key>com.apple.developer.networking.networkextension</key>
<array>
   <string>app-push-provider</string>
</array>

Then, I cleaned the project (Product -> Clean) and archived it (Product -> Archive). The build succeeds as shown in the screenshot below:

When I click on "Distribute", I encounter the same two errors again.

I'm at a loss to understand what's wrong.

Earlier I wrote:

Have you applied for, and been granted access to, that [app-push-provider] value?

You didn’t reply to that question, and the answer to that is pretty critical as to how you should move forward here.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

Actually I don’t know what you mean.

I cannot find app-push-provider in the portal.

I added app-push-provider in the two entitlements files.

The problem can be there. Can you point me to the right section of the dev portal?

Thanks!

Can you point me to the right section of the dev portal?

Please review again the information at Local Push Connectivity, particularly the box labeled Important.

Missing Entitlement. The bundle ... is missing entitlement 'com.apple.developer.networking.networkextension'."

Q