iPhone won't sync after iOS 17.2.1 upgrade

I have an iPhone 11 (MWJE2LL/A) for personal and development use.

When I upgraded it to iOS 17.2.1 it stopped sync'ing to my computers. I can't sync or restore the iPhone.

Both Finder and Music show the iPhone in the left column, but time out after 60 secs of "Loading...", finally stating: "The selected device could not be found."

Xcode also does not see the connected iPhone, and does not list it in the available iOS build destinations.

I have tried sync'ing using numerous Apple USB cables and computers (Mac Pro, 16" MacBook Pro, Mac Studio) all running macOS Sonoma 14.1.

Is this a known bug in iOS 17.2? Is there a workaround so I can restore the iPhone and continue development work?

Replies

I just updated the iPhone to iOS 17.3. Problem remains unchanged.

Is there any way to downgrade to 17.1?

• iOS 17.4 beta was just released. How can I try this out on my iPhone if I can't sync it with a computer? Is there a way to tell System Update to permit beta updates, or is there perhaps a direct link to the beta file?

• Okay, my iPhone is now running iOS 17.4, and my macs are now running Sonoma 14.3. The iPhone appears in Finder & Music, I click on Trust (on both the Mac and iPhone), and the Finder just spins and spins and spins...

What could be the problem??

Add a Comment