Xcode 15 does not recognize iPhone with iOS 17

Hi,

I updated my iPhone from iOS16 to iOS 17 and now Xcode 15 is not recognizing the device. I saw that it can be caused by the VPN by even deactivating the VPN is not working. I installed Xcode 15 Beta and continues without appearing.

I tried with Xcode 15.0.1 and Xcode Beta 15.1.0 Device: iPhoneSE (3rd generation) iOS 17.1 (also tried with iOS17.2)

I have other iPhone with iOS 16 and it is working properly in all the Xcodes. And the problem is my MacOS is Sonoma so I can only work with Xcode 15.

Any solution??

Thanks

Replies

Have you tried connecting it directly to the Mac with a lead?

• Developer Mode on?
  • Yes. But still not recegnizing

Add a Comment

I'm having the same problem and I'm connecting the devices with USB C / Lightning cables

• If I connect the same device on my home computer it works, but on my work computer it does not.

Add a Comment

Had same problem. Disabling vpn did not work. Finally found out my company mdm was blocking ipv6 connection and added some firewall rules. Removed those and it started working without any issue. Unblocked ipv6 and ability to connect to local ips is crucial.

• This helped me a lof - after showing that to IT they re-enabled IPv6 and now everything works :)

Add a Comment

I am having the same issue. I can't build, run or debug my iOS 17 device attached with lighting cable (Xcode 15.2). I have a company VPN. Xcode just shows the message "Xcode will continue when the operation completes", that never finishes. Are there specific URLs from Apple that need to be white-listed?

hi, has anyone solved this? My trouble started with XCode 15.3 beta 1