FTP connections don't work on Sonoma for most FTP clients

I was a user of ForkLift FTP v3.58 but that app stopped working on Sonoma and the company will not update it, because I suppose, they want to push you to buy their upgrade.

I tried to connect to my servers (two different servers on two different hosting companies). ForkLift did not work on Sonoma.

Then I tried CyberDuck. It works fine.

Not even trying FTP or SFTP through terminal works on Sonoma.

So, it is a Sonoma problem.

Replies

I am in the exact same situation, I tried everything but nothing worked. I emailed ForkLift support but did not hear back. I don't mind paying for it but not if they don't respond to my email. Time to switch to another tool, which is too bad because I really like ForkLift.

Same here. And the fun part is: ForkLift 2.6.6 (the old one which they gave away for free on the Mac App Store) seems to be working perfectly, even on an Apple Silicon Mac running macOS 14.3.1 🙃 It's most likely a ForkLift3-Sonoma incompatibility

btw: there's no ftp cli client around any longer, I believe they ditched it with Big Sur alongside PHP iirc. But openssh works like a charm.

I also dropped them an email, but I don't really expect them to respond.

fwiw: just got a response from BinaryNights. Yes, it's a Forklift3-Sonoma compatibility issue, and no, there won't be another update for 3.5.8.