Having trouble picking the iOS Simulator I want to use

Running Xcode 15.0.1 on Sonoma 14.1. I would like to run my app in an iPhone 14* simulator running iOS 16.* to verify something has changed between 16.* and 17.*.

I clicked on the Run Destination dropdown and clicked manage run destinations to open that dialogue. I then added the + on the simulators tab to add a new Simulator, clicked on the OS version, and clicked on the download more simulators to open the platforms tab in Xcode settings. Clicked the plus sign there and downloaded iOS 16.4

Now back in the run destinations dialogue I have all the iPhone 14 models with iOS 16.4 available. However, Back in the main Xcode windows when I click on the Run Destinations dropdown I still only see iPhone 15 models.

I checked my target minimum deployments setting and made sure it was at iOS 16.4. I've cleaned and rebuilt my app, deleted the app out of the derived data folder and rebuilt. Restarted Xcode.

I'm sure I'm missing something, but I'm not really sure what it is at this point. Any thoughts?

Not sure if this is a solution or a workaround, but in the "manage run destinations" dialogue I clicked the "+" button to add a new destination. Picked iPhone 14 Pro Max running iOS 16.4 and added it (even though there was already one there in the list). That (2nd??) new one shows up in the run destination dialogue. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Having trouble picking the iOS Simulator I want to use

Q