Error when running Live Activities

Hi there, This is my first time posting here. I'm working on small projects on Swift and SwiftUI now and then. I'm currently trying to develop an application that gets some bus arrival data using API and displaying them with live activities. The thing is that I'm not quite sure how frequently updates work yet. Still trying to figure out if I can update the live activity everytime the data coming right from the API changes or use push notification updates each minute passing by, but that is another thread that I'm going to focus with more details.

Everytime i'm trying to deploy my app on my iphone or a simulator this error keeps popping up and I can't figure out why.

Any ideas? Let me know if you need any snippet of my code.

SendProcessControlEvent:toPid: encountered an error: Error Domain=com.apple.dt.deviceprocesscontrolservice Code=8 "Failed to show Widget 'com.gregorikouk.MapKitTut.BusWidgetKit' error: Error Domain=FBSOpenApplicationServiceErrorDomain Code=1 "The request to open "com.apple.springboard" failed." UserInfo={NSLocalizedFailureReason=The request was denied by service delegate (SBMainWorkspace)., BSErrorCodeDescription=RequestDenied, NSUnderlyingError=0xb1282dfe0 {Error Domain=SBAvocadoDebuggingControllerErrorDomain Code=1 "Failed to get descriptors for extensionBundleID (com.gregorikouk.MapKitTut.BusWidgetKit)" UserInfo={NSLocalizedDescription=Failed to get descriptors for extensionBundleID (com.gregorikouk.MapKitTut.BusWidgetKit)}}, FBSOpenApplicationRequestID=0xe5da, NSLocalizedDescription=The request to open "com.apple.springboard" failed.}." UserInfo={NSLocalizedDescription=Failed to show Widget 'com.gregorikouk.MapKitTut.BusWidgetKit' error: Error Domain=FBSOpenApplicationServiceErrorDomain Code=1 "The request to open "com.apple.springboard" failed." UserInfo={NSLocalizedFailureReason=The request was denied by service delegate (SBMainWorkspace)., BSErrorCodeDescription=RequestDenied, NSUnderlyingError=0xb1282dfe0 {Error Domain=SBAvocadoDebuggingControllerErrorDomain Code=1 "Failed to get descriptors for extensionBundleID (com.gregorikouk.MapKitTut.BusWidgetKit)" UserInfo={NSLocalizedDescription=Failed to get descriptors for extensionBundleID (com.gregorikouk.MapKitTut.BusWidgetKit)}}, FBSOpenApplicationRequestID=0xe5da, NSLocalizedDescription=The request to open "com.apple.springboard" failed.}., NSUnderlyingError=0xb1281d830 {Error Domain=FBSOpenApplicationServiceErrorDomain Code=1 "The request to open "com.apple.springboard" failed." UserInfo={NSLocalizedFailureReason=The request was denied by service delegate (SBMainWorkspace)., BSErrorCodeDescription=RequestDenied, NSUnderlyingError=0xb1282dfe0 {Error Domain=SBAvocadoDebuggingControllerErrorDomain Code=1 "Failed to get descriptors for extensionBundleID (com.gregorikouk.MapKitTut.BusWidgetKit)" UserInfo={NSLocalizedDescription=Failed to get descriptors for extensionBundleID (com.gregorikouk.MapKitTut.BusWidgetKit)}}, FBSOpenApplicationRequestID=0xe5da, NSLocalizedDescription=The request to open "com.apple.springboard" failed.}}}
Domain: DTXMessage
Code: 1
User Info: {
    DVTErrorCreationDateKey = "2023-10-02 21:06:04 +0000";
}
--

System Information

macOS Version 14.0 (Build 23A344)
Xcode 15.0 (22265) (Build 15A240d)
Timestamp: 2023-10-03T00:06:04+03:00

It looks like there is some kind of issue with your extension bundle ID but is to determine with only the provided information.

Use Console.app to monitor the processes (Widget, app, springboard messaging) and see if there is additional information to help you debug the issue.

If you are unable to figure it out based on the additional logging, I recommend you file a Technical Support Incident.

Hi, I am just starting Live Activity and new to this forum. I am also having the same problem as user "gregorikouk". Is there a solution to this problem

First need to add code to trigger the Live Activity from your main app.

Then, make sure the running app is your main app, NOT the extension.

After that, follow this guide here to enable Live Activity: https://stackoverflow.com/a/78656522/6777272

Error when running Live Activities

Q