Grant access to user's library Application iConf folder

Hi

I'm using library in my project which create, modify and read file in iConf. How to get access for the app to read from that file.

Tnx, Filip

Replies

What's iConf? What library are you using?

What have you tried? Is there any code?

Please be a little more forthcoming with information to avoid us having to ask you for the basics.

Add a Comment

Hi, sorry for the previous post

i'm using a static library (the same happens with a dynamic one) from licensing software (cryptlex) in my project. The software uses a file (for writing, modifying and reading) and creates it locally at the following path: ~/Library/Application Support/iConf The problem is that the project (in xcode, objective-c/c++) does not allow access to that location. I include Sandbox and Hardened Runtime in the project, which make a ~/Library/Containers folder to which the application has exclusive read-write access, but this does not contain ~/Library/Application Support/iConf. The question is, is there a way to configure the project to allow access to that location, or would that folder be included in Containers so that the application would have access to that file.

Thanks again, Filip

I think you should discuss this with this library’s vendor. It seems that anyone using their library would face this issue.

Still:

I include Sandbox … in the project, which make a ~/Library/Containers folder to which the application has exclusive read-write access

Right.

To be clear, it’s the App Sandbox that does this redirection. The hardened runtime is not part of this story.

The question is, is there a way to configure the project to allow access to that location, or would that folder be included in Containers so that the application would have access to that file.

Why is your app sandboxed? Most folks sandbox their app because they intend to distribute it via the Mac App Store. Is that your plan?

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

• yes, the next steps will be distribution via Mac App Store

Add a Comment

Yes, that is our plan for the next steps...

OK. In that case I discuss this with your management and, if necessary, your library vendor. There are two reasons for this:

• The Mac App Store requires that all app’s be sandboxed and it’s not easy for a sandboxed app to access files outside of its container.

• The App Store has its own DRM system, FairPlay, and clause 2.4.5(vi) of the App Store Review Guidelines says:

[Apps] may not present a license screen at launch, require license keys, or implement their own copy protection.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

Yes, I solved this issue with the library vendor, we find way to save and modify files on another location. Thank you for advise

Regards Filip