Post-reset device accessibility major flaw

If you have a iPhone with a home button, but the home button is broken, and you factory reset the device, the assistive touch accessibility feature will be disabled, and it's quite complicated to turn it back on, because when first powered on after a reset or after choosing "start over" in the setup process, the screen will only give one option, and one option only: "press home button to start".

And if home button is broken, you are STUCK. Completely. There is no Siri, no voice control, no voiceover. Nothing!

The only workaround we found was that, after restarting the device again after resetting, it would immediately show the languages list, and after choosing a language it showed the countries, and after choosing a country it FINALLY showed the "quick start" page, where on the top right it has the accessibility shortcut button, from where I was able to enable assistivetouch.

BUT: if at any point I chose to start the setup over, I would have to wait for the device to restart, show the "press home to start" screen AGAIN, restart it AGAIN myself, so that it would show the languages, then countries, then the accessibility shortcut again.

Why not preserve accessibility settings across "start setup over"? And why not show accessibility shortcut on the FIRST page shown to the user, whether when iOS decides to show the Hello screen where the only option is to press home (which is no good if button is broken or if user needs accessibility options), AND whether it shows languages list?

Just show that shortcut right away, everywhere, and preserve accessibility settings across "start over" option of setup.

Thanks.

Hi there,

Thanks for reporting this; if you can, please file a bug using Feedback Assistant; we'll be able to follow up with additional information as needed over there.

Thanks again!

-w

Post-reset device accessibility major flaw

Q