visionPro simulator

what happened to the visionPro simulator after installing xCode 15.0 release condidate the visionPro simulator is gone and reinstalling xCode 15 Beta 8 its no longer configurable very disappointing interruption of preparing and adjusting projects

• workaround

I did a uninstall of xCode 15 release candidate and beta8 at ~/Library Deleted all cash folders related to xCode Deleted developer Folder Restart download xCode 15 beta8 installed beta8 only configured visionPro platform and bingo now runtime visionPro beta3 downloading worked and all is well

Add a Comment

Accepted Reply

The download for Xcode 15 RC says, "Xcode 15 RC enables you to develop, test, and distribute apps for Apple platforms. It supports the SDKs for iOS 17, iPadOS 17, tvOS 17, watchOS 10, and macOS 14. For development with the visionOS SDK, continue to use Xcode 15 beta 8."

What does it say in Xcode > Settings... > Platforms tab? Mine has VisionOS 1.0 Simulator, but I doubt it will work in the RC.

Can you not add it again in that Platforms tab (in Xcode 15b8)?

Replies

The download for Xcode 15 RC says, "Xcode 15 RC enables you to develop, test, and distribute apps for Apple platforms. It supports the SDKs for iOS 17, iPadOS 17, tvOS 17, watchOS 10, and macOS 14. For development with the visionOS SDK, continue to use Xcode 15 beta 8."

What does it say in Xcode > Settings... > Platforms tab? Mine has VisionOS 1.0 Simulator, but I doubt it will work in the RC.

Can you not add it again in that Platforms tab (in Xcode 15b8)?

According to the description of the Xcode 15 RC Download Page:

For development with the visionOS SDK, continue to use Xcode 15 beta 8.

It seems for the meantime while visionOS still is in Beta we need to use Xcode Beta as well.

• I now but in xCode15 beta8 configuring the simulator errors with no supporting runtime visionPro

Add a Comment