Xcode 15 release candidate missing visionOS simulator

I'm not sure if it's just my setup, but after installing the Xcode 15 release candidate (Version 15.0 (15A240d)), I can't seem to run my iPad app in the visionOS simulator as I had in the betas. The visionOS "platform" is no longer available to download.

Has the process for getting the visionOS simulators changed?

Answered by Graphics and Games Engineer in 764479022

This is expected, see the release note for Xcode RC

Xcode 15 Release Candidate enables you to develop, test, and distribute apps for all Apple platforms. You can download the platforms you would like to develop for directly from Xcode. For development with the visonOS 1 SDK, continue to use Xcode 15 beta 8.

As everything related to visionOS is still in beta it probably wont be included in public releases. The release candidates are usually a 100% how the public release will be. So betas like visionOS aren't included. So for now you have to use the previous beta for visionOS, but there also should be a new Xcode 15.X beta soon (probably next week), that again - because it's a beta - also includes the visionOS beta.

This is expected, see the release note for Xcode RC

Xcode 15 Release Candidate enables you to develop, test, and distribute apps for all Apple platforms. You can download the platforms you would like to develop for directly from Xcode. For development with the visonOS 1 SDK, continue to use Xcode 15 beta 8.

Xcode 15 release candidate missing visionOS simulator

Q