iPad NavigationSplitView UI Glitch with TabView Page style

I'm having a problem in my app where when the use dismisses the side bar in a NavigationSplitView, the TabView on the detail view animates with a glitch to an offset page position.

I've simplified the issue into a Single View which can be previewed in Xcode. This issue occurs on real hardware and in the simulator. This issue only occurs in landscape on iPad when dismissing the sidebar.

Here is the code:

struct ContentView: View {
    @State var pageIndex = 9
    var body: some View {
        NavigationSplitView {
            Text("AppSidebarList")
        } detail: {

TabView(selection:$pageIndex) {
                ForEach(0..<10, id:\.self) { i in
                    ScrollView(.vertical, showsIndicators: false) {
                        Text("Page \(i)").padding(.top,50)
                        Rectangle().fill(Color.red)
                            .frame(height:25).frame(maxWidth:.infinity)
                            .padding()
                    }
                }
            }.tabViewStyle(.page(indexDisplayMode: .never))

}.accentColor(Color.indigo)
    }
}

Here is the preview before selecting anything:

This is then the expected behaviour after selecting the button top left to hide the sidebar:

But instead the transition animation glitches and I get this:

Note, the page is offset as indicated by the red bar. I've tried playing around with frame of maxWidth:.infinity. This issue does not happen if the iPad is in portrait, this seems to be because the sidebar in this mode overlays the detail view, where as in portrait they share the space and the detail view resizes to fill the space. Note the page index, it's the app behaviour that the TabView shows a selection of pages with the last one being the default and the user swiping backwards through. This issue does not occur if the default pageIndex is 0

Either this is a bug or there's a work around or I'm not using something correctly. It would be good to establish which.

Many thanks