Memory limit for Device Activity Monitor Extension

I am trying to develop an application that can enforce Screen Time restrictions on the target device, however I get stuck at the part where I have scheduled callbacks for my class that implements the extension for DeviceActivityMonitor.

For debugging, I first attach to the app extension target process via Debug > Attach to Process > Process Name. But after scheduling monitoring that receives a callback immediately, the process exits with the following error:

Thread 1: EXC_RESOURCE (RESOURCE_TYPE_MEMORY: high watermark memory limit exceeded) (limit=6 MB)

Is the maximum allowed memory for Device Activity Monitor extensions really just 6 MB, or am I doing something wrong? If it is indeed the case, is there any way to increase it? 6 MB seems quite restrictive to me.

Answered by thomas_maht in 761893022

No, it seems to be the limit for now and there is no way to increase it as far as I know. You can file an enhancement report for this.

Accepted Answer

No, it seems to be the limit for now and there is no way to increase it as far as I know. You can file an enhancement report for this.

Memory limit for Device Activity Monitor Extension

Q