Simulator beta 15 is too slow

I installed Xcode 15 beta 5 as well as the simulator, the iOS simulator runs very very slow, it takes nearly 30 mins to start the device, and after it's started, it's very lag, can anyone help?

Have you checked

• available memory
  • what's going on in Instruments ?

I have same problem please help !! I even refactor my whole computer but Xcode and Xcode simulator is too too slow I am so shock !! I have macOS Sonoma 14!

I have the same issue when using my intel based iMac and MacBook Pro. Haven't heard any confirmation but it might be intel based Macs that are affected.

Also here.. I don't know if it is 30 min also for me. After a bit I quit simulator and rerun. I have to do it several times...

Same thing as in previous year, same fix. Just paste it into the Terminal:

/usr/libexec/PlistBuddy /Applications/Xcode-beta.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Library/Developer/CoreSimulator/Profiles/Runtimes/iOS.simruntime/Contents/Resources/RuntimeRoot/Library/Wallpaper/Collections/Collections.plist -c "add order array" -c "add order: string 23EC2CF1-0188-49FC-B214-EC1AB37FE5C4"

I still have an extremely slow Simulator even with 15.0 release of xCode. It is only happening on an Intel Mac. A M1 machine does not have this problem.

I have same problem.

Official release Version 15.0 (15A240d) downloaded today. Simulator still extremely slow.

Spritekit apps show 60 fps but they stall every 0.25 seconds. Springboard process uses 100% processor on M1 Mac mini. Unusable.

Same on my M1 Mac mini (16/256).

Anyone fixed this and able to post how?

Same problem ,Even official release Version 15.0 ! any update? It's so terrible !

Hi, I filed a feedback (FB13195525) and the resolution is "Potential fix identified - For a future OS update". Guess we have to wait a bit, but Apple is definitely on it. Update: I updated to macOS Sonoma RC2 and Simulator performance seems to be normal again.

I have Sonoma and Xcode 15 installed. Both Xcode and the simulator are extremely slow. CPU usage is very high. I can load up a simple App in the simulator after some waiting. SwiftUI Preview will keep the CPU at 70% usage but sometimes it crashes.

I have a Intel CPU so I am not sure if this is a x86 specific issue.

anyone having this issue for the vision pro simulator as well? i'm on an i9 intel mbp with 32gb of ram.

I'm having the same problem and I've contacted the Apple Support Center. I'll let you know if I find a solution when they get back 😔

Simulator beta 15 is too slow

Q