Xcode 15 beta 5 – iOS 17 Simulator runtime not available

I downloaded Xcode 15 beta 5 and I'm trying to work on my app, but it's having a problem with the simulator. It can't find the runtime I guess. This is the first time I've ran into this.

When I try to run, this is what I get:

The com.apple.CoreSimulator.SimRuntime.iOS-17-0 simulator runtime is not available.

runtime profile not found using "System" match policy Download the com.apple.CoreSimulator.SimRuntime.iOS-17-0 simulator runtime from the Xcode Settings.

Not sure what to do here. I also installed the latest iOS 17 developer beta on my device and Xcode doesn't work with that either. I can't help but think the development team forgot something here.

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of marlonjames Down vote post of marlonjames
4.5k views
  • Having the same issue

Add a Comment

Replies

installing Xcode 15 beta 8 fixed that issue

Same issue in "official" Xcode 15.0 ...

• Also same issue in official Xcode 15.0 ...

Add a Comment

Same issue with Xcode 15.0.1

• My team is struggling for this and I think this issue is closely related to what happened when watchOS 9.1 / tvOS 16.1 released with Xcode 14.1/14.2.

In short, what you should do is:

execute DEVELOPER_DIR='/path/to/xcode.app' xcrun simctl runtime match set 'iphoneos17.0' 21A342 which will set your default simruntime to iOS 17.0.1 simulators downloaded with Xcode 15.0.1.

The culprit is in ~/Library/Caches/com.apple.dt.Xcode/Downloads/*.dvtdownloadableindex.

• @dokimyj Thanks !!! It is resolved by the following steps

xcrun simctl list runtimes

== Runtimes == iOS 17.0 (17.0 - 21A328) - com.apple.CoreSimulator.SimRuntime.iOS-17-0

xcrun simctl runtime match set 'iphoneos17.0' 21A328
Add a Comment

Thanks @dokimyj ! We had a similar issue with "unavailable, runtime profile not found using "System" match policy" and your suggestion fixed our issue! So great!

I tried killing the instance and it started working

sudo killall -9 com.apple.CoreSimulator.CoreSimulatorService

• This is the answer that solved my issue. Thanks

• Worked like a charm. Thx!

Add a Comment

i tried to kill "-9 com.apple.CoreSimulator.CoreSimulatorService"

👉 sudo killall -9 com.apple.CoreSimulator.CoreSimulatorService

It worked👍

sudo killall -9 com.apple.CoreSimulator.CoreSimulatorService

it works great !!!

Same issue with Xcode 15.2 says

/Library/Developer/CoreSimulator/Volumes/iOS_21C62/Library/Developer/CoreSimulator/Profiles/Runtimes/iOS 17.2.simruntime/Contents/Resources/RuntimeRoot/System/Library/Frameworks/aosl.framework/aosl' (no such file).

1. Spotlight search 'Storage'
  2. Go to Developer
  3. Delete Xcode cache

Should resolve the issue