Xcode 15 beta 5 crashes on creating a file

Hi, When I try to create a new file (ex: Command+N), Xcode displays the popup to select the file type and its name. It crashes when selecting the "create" button. Th file is actually created and can be added after restarting Xcode. (everything was fine with former betas)

Anyone experiencing the same issue ?

I experience the same isse. I just found a temporary workaround

1. Duplicate another swift file (shift+cmd+s)
  2. Move and rename the duplicate

But it's very annoying..

Same issue here, I have roll back to beta 4

Samesies. How did that get through CI/CD Apple?

The Add Files menu still works so you can create the file in a terminal window and add it without crashing. But it is amazing that we have to do this...

Yes, I have the same issue. It is super annoying.

Same issue.

Feedback Submitted (included below)

XCode Version 15.0 beta 5 (15A5209g) MacOS 14.0 Beta 4 (23A5301h)

Running on 2021 MacBook Pro M1 Max

command+N or Menu, File, New to create file Able to navigate to directory and name file When “Create” is pressed, XCode crashes Crashing 9/10 times. Cannot detect what led it to succcessfully create a file on one occasion When navigating in finder to directory, the file is there and has been created I have to drag it or add it to the project to edit it or Right-Click and "Add Files To ..." at which point I see the file and am able to add it.

Same here. Then I noticed that the file was actually created, but not added to the project. So after the crash, I just go to the folder to get the file and add it again. But it's indeed very, very annoying.

Easy temporary fix - drag and paste the created file from Finder into the project.

Xcode 15 beta 5 crashes on creating a file

Q