Apple TV main screen blank after install tvOS 17 beta

I had first posted this in the Apple community discussions and Apple removed it and directed me to this developer site.

Apple TV 4th gen model A1625, tvOS 17 beta, older Samsung TV- non-4K, Macbook Air M1, 2020, Ventura 13.4.1 (c)

Have used this ATV 4+ years on this TV - always worked.

Installed the beta last night. After powered off, then on, ATV appears to turn on, light is on, but no regular ATV main screen, just blank.

Tried the usual unplug and plug in again, multiple times.

Tried different HDMI cable that I know is OK.

Checked the 3 HDMI jacks in the TV by connecting my Macbook to each jack and my Macbook screen appeared on the TV and I could watch my Youtube TV channels on the TV.

Tried to check the ATV for updates or other "fixes" by connecting it to Macbook Air using USB-C cable. The ATV appeared in the finder as a device on Macbook, option appeared to update the ATV, selected and it tried to install but returned advice that could not connect to the software update server - multiple attempts at this brought same result. Internet search suggested also to open iTunes while connected, but ATV did not appear anywhere in iTunes screen as a device available - was supposed to be able to update in iTunes per this search advice.

Also, tried, per other Apple internet search, using the remote to reset the ATV by pressing and holding the back/menu button and the "monitor icon" button until the light blinked rapidly, then unplugging ATV, waiting, then plugging in again - no help.

Also, tried using suggestion to press and hold the back/menu button and the volume down button until rapid blinking and that was supposed to go to reset - no result either.

The main ATV screen did not appear in any attempt. But oddly, there were several times when I unplugged and waited, then plugged in again, that the Apple logo (the apple with the bite out) appeared for 5 seconds or so, then the screen goes to blank, indicating there was some signal coming from the ATV to the TV.

How can I remove the beta without the screen so I can get into settings? How can I reset to factory settings without going into settings and instead using connection to my Macbook Air?

Did I "brick" this ATV by updating to tvOS beta? This is first and last time I'll ever attempt to use a beta on any Apple device.

Faced the same problem.

Used Apple configurator (mac OS app) and a usb-c cable connection between macbook and Apple TV to reset the device to factory settings.

Apple TV main screen blank after install tvOS 17 beta

Q