How to disable App Transport Security by enabling NSAllowsArbitraryLoads for daemon process since it does not have info.plist on macOS

Please anyone suggest how to disable App Transport Security completely by enabling NSAllowsArbitraryLoads for the daemon process since it does not have info.plist on macOS? or can I add those config in the corresponding ***.plist in /Library/LaunchDaemon/? Thanks in advance.

Accepted Reply

ATS only applies to apps (and app-like this, like app extensions). It does not apply to daemons.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

• Thanks, @eskimo. So that means daemons do not have ATS restrictions when using HTTP, right? Actually, I encountered the error message 'The resource could not be loaded because the App Transport Security policy requires the use of a secure connection.' while using NSURLSession to access a website via HTTP from my daemon on macOS 11. Interestingly, I cannot reproduce the same issue on macOS 12 and 13. It appears to be a bug specific to macOS 11?

Add a Comment

Replies

ATS only applies to apps (and app-like this, like app extensions). It does not apply to daemons.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

• Thanks, @eskimo. So that means daemons do not have ATS restrictions when using HTTP, right? Actually, I encountered the error message 'The resource could not be loaded because the App Transport Security policy requires the use of a secure connection.' while using NSURLSession to access a website via HTTP from my daemon on macOS 11. Interestingly, I cannot reproduce the same issue on macOS 12 and 13. It appears to be a bug specific to macOS 11?

Add a Comment