Is including NSTransportSecurity key in my app's info.plist allowed?

I have been struggling with GADApplicationVerifyPublisherInitializedCorrectly crash log and so far the clear answer I received is adding NSTransportSecurity key in my info.plist since the google admob ads are properly loading on my simulator and running modes/tests, but app review kept on returning me with that crash log error ever since I added google admob on my app

NSTransportSecurity isn’t a thing. Are you talking about NSAppTransportSecurity?

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

hi eskimo, yes, yes, NSAppTransportSecurity

Thanks for confirming that.

With regards your specific question, I don’t work for App Review and so can’t give you definitive answers about their App Transport Security (ATS) policy. The best I can do is point you at the docs, namely Preventing Insecure Network Connections. I think those cover this issue pretty well.

Having said that, I don’t think ATS is the issue here. The symptoms of your failure are a crash, and an ATS failure won’t cause your app to crash. Rather, it causes your network requests to fail. If a failed network request causes your app to crash, that’s a bug in your app because network requests can fail for all sorts of reasons.

I recommend that you study the crash report that App Review sent you to look for clues as to why your app is crashing.

You wrote:

since the google admob ads are properly loading on my simulator

What about on a real device?

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

hi eskimo, noted and thank you so much for your responses and inputs. appreciated much!

Is including NSTransportSecurity key in my app's info.plist allowed?

Q