Can we uninstall / revert back to our previous OS

I forgot to install sonoma in a partion so now it's installed, I've tried using the migration assistant to revert back, my back up from yesterday has all my stuff but am I stuck with sonoma? Is there a way to revert? I haven't tried using the delete erase all yet but if that's not gonna change my os back to ventura, then it's no point in wasting all that time.

Thank you for any help you can offer me

Accepted Reply

There's never been a downgrade.

This whether reverting from a beta or reverting from an update or upgrade to a released macOS.

Restore your pre-Sonoma backup.

If you don't have a backup, reverting means you're left to wipe and reload Ventura and start over, or wipe and reload Ventura and pull across just the apps and documents that haven't been modified.

Testing on any computer you need to work, with any data you need available and consistent, and with any Apple ID and its associated iCloud data you need available and consistent... is not recommended.

Replies

There's never been a downgrade.

This whether reverting from a beta or reverting from an update or upgrade to a released macOS.

Restore your pre-Sonoma backup.

If you don't have a backup, reverting means you're left to wipe and reload Ventura and start over, or wipe and reload Ventura and pull across just the apps and documents that haven't been modified.

Testing on any computer you need to work, with any data you need available and consistent, and with any Apple ID and its associated iCloud data you need available and consistent... is not recommended.

Thank you I have reverted back to ventura, I may just stick to the public beta, I still need to figure out how to install it on the volume I made from may main drive. I'm gonna just take my time to make sure I can at least find a proper solution to choose the new volume to install whatever beta I'm gonna install. I'm good for now. Again I thank you very much for your help.