VisionOS Preview doesn't open and keep building on XCode 15 beta 2

I am trying to create a new project using XCode 15 beta 2 for VisionOS and I am not able to see the preview window.

I tried with 3 projects and all of them have the same result: You can see that the Preview is stuck with a loading icon and the status bar shows the message: Building <project_name> for Previews | RealityKitContent_RealityKitContent 11/64.

Any ideas?

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of samuelmorais Down vote post of samuelmorais
  • Did you find any solution to this? I'm also facing the problem and thought it was related to me updating my Mac to macOS Sonoma. Before, everything worked fine.

Add a Comment

Replies

Anyone with this same issue?? I tried to reinstall XCode a few times, rebooted, reinstalled VisionOS simulator from outside XCode, from inside and nothing seems to work.

I am using iMac 2017 21.5" with MacOS Ventura 13.4.1 and XCode 15 beta 2.

Hi,

Sorry to hear you are having problems getting visionOS previews working. The best next step will be to file a feedback with diagnostics so we can take a look.

Steps to generate helpful diagnostics:

1. Download and install the logging profile on all devices involved. Instructions and profiles are available here: https://developer.apple.com/bug-reporting/profiles-and-logs/?name=swift
  2. Reproduce the issue
  3. Click the "Diagnostics" button in the error banner in Previews' Canvas area (or if the banner is missing you can use the menu: Editor > Canvas > Diagnostics)
  4. In the sheet that appears, click "Generate Report" in the bottom left of the sheet
  5. Attach (or make from the folder) the resulting zip file to the bug (will be named something like previews-diagnostics-0123456789.zip)
  6. Generate the sysdiagnose(s) and attach those too

It looks like a machine problem, I have a mbp 2019 quad core i5 and is super slow in the sample projects. Yours looks a little bit older

Maybe you can try with a new empty project to see if that works, and then proceed with the 4 projects in the documentation of visionOS

On SwiftUI Preview it's completely fine.

On visionOS Preview it keeps on loading Xcode 15.2.