Migrating to WidgetKit, issues with editing Watch Faces on iPhone

Anyone who has successfully migrated to using WidgetKit for their Apple Watch complications, your help would be greatly appreciated!

I've migrated to WidgetKit for my Watch app. On the Apple Watch Face Editor, the new Widget names and options appear correctly. However, on the iPhone Apple Watch app, it offers both WidgetKit and old ClockKit complications... this should not be. I also have found rendering issues where Watch Faces on the main My Watch tab have blank gaps for WidgetKit complications, when selecting the Watch Face they then render (see photos)

I've put in a feedback FB12460375 Have tried a full clear and reinstall of my app on both devices, no change. This issue occurs on WatchOS 9.5.2 / iOS 16.5.1 and WatchOS 10 Beta 2 / iOS 17 Beta 2 Any other ideas?

• I'm also seeing the issue where the Watch app on the phone seems to be showing both the ClockKit and WidgetKit complication, at least in my local development builds. I haven't tried with a TestFlight build yet (which for our app uses a different bundle identifier). This is on watchOS 10.0.1. Did Apple ever respond to your feedback or did you ever figure out how to fix that issue?

Add a Comment