watchos 2 beta 2

hi. i have updated to ios 9 beta then tried to update mu apple watch to watchos 2 beta 2, all went smoothly, untill it started installing it on my watch. the apple logo appeared and the ring around it. it has been loading for more than an hour and stuck on 25% of the ring. in other words the watch is not launching. any suggestions please ?

Replies

Maybe you did not specify a number code. That is possible. Then the passcode screen will not come. But you do not need this. Just try forced touch during reboot and later again and again. At some point it will show you the reset factory option then anyways.

Draining the battery did not help. I tried that. Putting the charging cable back on and following my hints above will solve it for you. Basicly you have to try forced touch again and again in different situations after forcing a reboot. At some point it will show you the factory reset option. Use it and after the factory reset use the "set up as new watch" option. Do not use a backup since that would brick it again.

Use the side button (next to the crown) to turn the watch off and on again by pressing and holding it. I had to switch off/on 3 times to succeed with pairing.

After serveral forced reboots and switching on/off by using the buttons the way you described it, I came to the point of pairing which I succeded.

I have tried a lot of these things. Force reboot, same with my phone, and finally with patience I was Apple to get through. The trick is to get on the Apple Watch app on your phone and reset the watch. Reset and erase all. Then continue to force reset the watch and at some point you will be prompted on the watch to select a language. If all that doesn't work, do it again, and take is slow with the watch. I have some functionality now but still can't send iMessages or make phone calls. Also kind of buggy. And the battery was really bad yesterday but seems to be doing well today for some reason. Taking it into the Apple Store today to see if there's anything that can be done.

My watch is now up and running again.

In my case i press hard to the glass (force touch) during boot. I hold it down way beyong the wheel freezing and suddenly it finished the "loading wheel" process. Then i got right to the language screen. had trouble pairing at first but then i just rebooted my bluetooth and now evrything is working fine!

Hope this might work for the rest of you as well! Remember HARD PRESS ON THE GLASS.

Maybe the boot up came from rebooting all the time?, but then i think it must be a coincidensce or something.

I does not hurt to try for you guys.

Let me know if it helped.

I strongly belive that there is alot we still do not know about boot up hotkeys to bypass or enter some "recovery mode".

I find it strange if apple do not have buildt in a better "safe mode" as the watch depende on the sync of an iphone to work.

Specially since the watch do not have any data access port of some kind except the diagnostic port which "a normal person" do not have access to.

Regards

Yes, as you said force touch is the thing!

Just have to hold it long enough! Thanks for this!

🙂

This saved me!

Using a prolonged force touch while restarting with both buttons on the side fixed my apple watch and prevented me from having to go into the apple store for them to restore my software.

I litterally bricked it an hour after buying one today lol

thanks again guys!

I still cant find the new beta. Is it back up yet? I still have build 13S5255d

I did the same steps was able to resolve the issue.

Any one founfd the soluton

How long did you have to until the restore process is finished?

hi, i have the same problem. but the solution with fource reboot and force touch doesn´t work with my apple watch. is there a special trick? i tried to force touch while the device was in the boot mode and i tried to force touch while the ring was shown on the display. is it a 'normal' fource touch or a extra long fource touch?

can some explain the workflow more precisely to activate the force touch function?

thanks a lot!

Well, darn it. My Watch went to the Apple Depot because of the very same issue, I'll remember for later.

You do this after or before showing drawing a circle with little ticks around the logo? or when?:)

Thanks

M.