Unable to Verify App: An internet connection is required to verify the trust of the developer' ... This app will not be available until verified.

We are working on a new iOS application utilizing the new iOS 17 APIs, and I have updated Xcode to Xcode 15 Beta, and my iPhone 12 Pro to iOS 17 Beta 2, though this issue was also present on iOS 17 Beta 1.

In Xcode, for "Signing and Capabilities" I have my Team set to my personal team, utilizing the "Automatically manage signing" tick.

While the app will build and install on my phone, I immediately receive this error, with no popup to trust the developer.

Going to Settings > General > VPN and Device Management, I can see my Development Team, and I am able to Trust my team.

When trying to then Verify App(s), it tells me it will use my internet connection to verify the application.

However, it will then do nothing, with no error, regardless of how many times I attempt to verify.

Trying to open the app from my home screen will result in the repeated "Unable to Verify Error".

Trying to reset network settings does not result in any change in this behavior, nor does a reset of the phone.

I have tried 4 different high quality WiFi networks, as well as a fully connection AT&T cellular LTE connection, and still receive this error.

I am running out of diagnostic scenarios, and I'm curious if anyone has found a resolution to this?

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of covt Down vote post of covt
24k views
  • I manage enterprise release app and many employees use iPhone. Some employees using this app are having this same issue in iOS over 17.x.x on iphone 11 and XR. Has this issue been resolved?

I'm asking for help from anyone who has solved the problem.

• Having the same error - iOS 17.x.x, iphone 11. have tried:

resetting phoneresetting laptoprevoking certificatedeleting provisioning profiles & derived datacreated new apple developer accountreset network settings

I believe it has something to do with my developer account / certificate. When I run an application on my work laptop that is using my work email address Apple Developer account it works, but when I run a test app on same laptop with my personal acct it doesn't work.

Add a Comment

Replies

My system also requires me to acquire an internet connection before Xcode allows me to use the Run command to test on a physical iPhone. For the record, I'm running Xcode 15.0 on macOS Sonoma 14.0. The device in question is an iPhone 11 running iOS17.1.1. Where I live internet connectivity is exorbitant. I'd like to continue developing code, but right now it is only feasible after a long trip into town.

I was fighting with this issue all day today. I'm pretty sure I tried everything I could think of but nothing helped. In the end I did a complete reset of my iPhone, and now it works...

• In my experience, that is the only way to get around this. Even if you restore it from a backup after the reset, it seems to work.

Add a Comment

Same issue here but on visionOS 1.1 in a rock stable wifi. Really great to see how simple and effortless this all still is. I'm definitely not resetting the darn thing again after what I had to go through when I received it and absolutely NOTHING worked.

I had the same issue. I solved it by turning off my phone's celluar and bluetooth, so the phone has no competing option to access internet other than using my WiFi, which is the same as the one used by my Mac with Xcode. I then tried to verify App and it worked.

• Just had the same issue, got It working by deactivating wifi and bluetooth.

• Same here. I turned off bluetooth and cell service and just left wifi on and it worked. Thanks XZHONG.

• Worked turning off cellular and bluetooth. Thanks!

Add a Comment

After trying all the solutions above, Updated both Devices... Restart Devices... Create New Certificates.. WIFI, AirPlane Mode...

the Solution was : "DON'T DISTURB", Disable it (any mode/profile),

• Something definitely happened when I removed my focus mode, the time that "verifying..." was showing up was much longer but it kept disappearing

• This actually worked for me, I had sleep mode on

Add a Comment

Xcode 15.3, iOS 17.4 on iPhone 14 here. The problem still exists, when I clicked "verify the app", the title switched to "verifying" for less than a second but then got back to "Apple Development : mymail@...".

I had to restart the iPhone, to make it work.

I enabled VPN, and while it was showing connecting I tried to verify again. And this time it worked ¯_(ツ)_/¯

What fixed it for me was turning wifi on after turning it off

How my app verified after several attempts above

// P.s. maybe restart phone

• Remove app from VPN & Device Management -> DEVELOPER APP -> Delete app

// P.s. maybe restart phone

// Than Rebuild inside XCode Install on your phone.

• Go to VPN & Device Management -> DEVELOPER APP -> Trust your app -> // Than App would be verified

// Now it should be fine, finally

• Perfect. Thank you for a lot.

Add a Comment

I had three do/try/catch blocks. They allowed my app to compile and build but when I tried to launch them on my devices,I received the same error.

I had to force unwrap !. That is to say, I had to rewritetry as try!

This fixed the error. I was able to compile, build, and launch the app both in the simulator and on my device.

a restart fixed the problem for me today

You can also delete the app, and reinstall it on device. That seems to work. It is quite unideal though.

Just navigate to the Settings.app -> Privacy & Security -> Developer Mode, disable/re-enable it, reboot the iPhone. It worked for me.

I had the same problem but then turned off bluetooth on my phone and then the app was able to verify developer.