Sonoma on a virtual machine?

I don't have enough physical machines to install Sonoma; I do, however, have lots of CPU cycles, memory, and disk space -- so can I get Sonoma running in VMWare Fusion? Ideally on both AS and Intel.

I searched to see if this had been asked, but I will be the first to admit my searching skills are bad. (This is why I like find and grep.)

I haven't tried running it in a VM; it will probably work, but are you aware of the general restrictions of running Mac OS in a VM? I.e. app store apps don't work, can't log in to iCloud, etc.

As you have plenty of disk space, have you considered dual-boot? This does work, though currently you have to install the current Mac OS, boot into it, and then upgrade to the beta. There is another thread about that, in which I reported lots of difficulties until I discovered that an external drive attached to an M1 Mac Mini is not bootable connected to USB-C but is bootable connected to USB-A.

Dual-booting isn't largely effective for me -- as I said, I don't have spare machines as I'm used to having, so the ones I have are dedicated to various purposes.

However! I found the problem! The problem is... VMware just doesn't care about macOS it seems. Parallels, on the other hand, was able to create a VM for me for both Intel Silicon and Apple Silicon. Which means I'll be buying a license for it and using my Mac Pro harder now. And... now I have a justification for getting a Mac Studio... 😄

This instruction works: https://techsviewer.com/how-to-install-macos-sonoma-on-vmware/

Sonoma on a virtual machine?

Q