"Unable to locate a valid DDI for the iOS platform" when pairing iPad with Xcode 15

I have Xcode 15.0 beta (15A5160n) and the iOS 17.0 beta (21A5248u) simulator installed on macOS 13.4 (22F66). I have iPadOS 17.0 (21A5248v) installed on my 8th generation iPad, and developer mode is enabled. Whenever I connect via USB and attempt to pair in the Xcode Devices and Simulator window, I get the error "Unable to locate a valid DDI for the iOS platform."

I've tried unpairing and repairing multiple times. I've rebooted the iPad and my Mac. Nothing works.

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of jeffjohnson Down vote post of jeffjohnson
1.5k views

Replies

Apparently, 21A5248v > 21A5248u. Just a mistake between u and v? BTW, I can not to pair my iPhone with Xcode for this sake either.

I've discovered that this is a bug in Xcode 15 that doesn't correctly handle a symlink from ~/Library/Developer to /Users/Shared/Developer

The symlink was never a problem in Xcode 14 and earlier.

FB12363725

This remains true as per Xcode 15.1 The folder "~/Library/Developer" needs to be a real folder, not a symlink to somewhere else.

This issue is still valid in Xcode 15.3, did anyone find a solution? @jeffjohnson your link shows "Feedback not found" for me...