Ios 16.5 simulator

I need to replicate an issue that cause my app rejection during apple review. The issue was tested on a device with Ios 16.5, i need the ios simultaor with 16.5 but i can find only simulator with 16.4. Simulator with Ios 16.5 does not exists ?

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of FatcDev Down vote post of FatcDev
7.6k views

Replies

We're in the same position. Our app launches with a blank screen on iPad on 16.5. No idea if it's just on iPad or just that os, but we cannot replicate.

We're sitting in the same position here. Looking like the only option is to install XCode 15 that's in Beta... This will allow the app to target iOS16.5 which is the device the apple reviewer used.

Currently facing the same issue, app stuck at Splash Screen on OS 16.5, have you been able to solve it now ?

It seems like a reasonable expectation that the most recent publicly available Xcode version would have access to the most recent publicly installable iOS version. I have to troubleshoot some live push notification issues with my tethered iPhone running 16.5, and Xcode 14.3.1 will not connect.

Simulator with Ios 16.5 does not exists ?

Correct. See this thread for discussion of why, and for other ideas on troubleshooting your problem.

my tethered iPhone running 16.5, and Xcode 14.3.1 will not connect.

That’s unexpected, as plenty of people can report that setup “works for me.” Maybe start a new forum thread for troubleshooting that problem.

Has anyone managed to address this? We got a new dev phone and tried on 16.5 and this was fine. But we don't have a recent enough iPad for 16.5 .

Cleaned up some warnings, resubmitted, still got 'launches on a white screen on iPad' with no information other than that.

The app is one that we've got numerous variations of which have previously been fine, this was just a change in artwork and yet suddenly it doesn't work and we're none the wiser.

Thanks for any help.

• And of course, the issue was nothing to do with 16.5, it wasn't a lockup at all, it was what looked like a pause, because the "loading" view scene had managed to get re-ordered. Weirdly apple are insisting on testing our taxi app using a non-gps device.

• Hi @xtizer, did you find a work-around for this?

Add a Comment

Having XCode simulators running iOS 16.5 will make troubleshooting much easier for many of us. Seems Apple hasn't released them yet

I'm facing a similar issue, the review of my application returned with an error that occurs on iPad iOS 16.5.1, but this version is not available for testing. I need it to proceed with the app submission.

Same here. App launches with a white screen on iPad. Our splash screen is displayed in a split view even though we are not using a Split View. Are we forced to install a beta version of Xcode for a publicly available version of iOS?

Hi all, we having the same issue: our app is rejected because the app opened with ipad (we don't know which type) with version 16.5.1 returns blank page at start. We downloaded XCode 15 Beta, hoping to find ios version 16.5.1 but we can't find it, max ios version is 17 (and with this versione app works). We try the app on iphone with version ios 16.5.1 and it works. How can i try the app with simulator Xcode for ipad ios 16.5.1? I need your help to get the app approved. Thank you in advance.

Same situation here... Apple: where is XCode Simulator 16.5.1?

Same situation. With the patch 16.5.1 (c). The APP stuck at splash.

I am facing the same issue today. We cannot test it on iOS 16.5.1. Previous versions work. Apple please, fix it!

i am use React native , The latest iOS version 16.6 displays images correctly. but 16.5.1 not