Xcode 15 beta build issues

Sandbox: rsync.samba(12698) deny(1) file-write-create /Users/shrek/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/PhotoPC-dejmlgrmwbxazrgvfwpxvhadwsuy/Build/Products/Debug-iphonesimulator/PhotoPC.app/Frameworks/Alamofire.framework/.Alamofire.ihLdr1

Sandbox: rsync.samba(12698) deny(1) file-write-create /Users/shrek/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/PhotoPC-dejmlgrmwbxazrgvfwpxvhadwsuy/Build/Products/Debug-iphonesimulator/PhotoPC.app/Frameworks/Alamofire.framework/.Info.plist.vn2fty
![]("https://developer.apple.com/forums/content/attachment/fb5c4e33-9603-4c87-9f39-aab81475dbf9" "title=Screenshot 2023-06-07 at 00.48.08.png;width=1429;height=232")

Please help me.

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of codans Down vote post of codans
24k views
  • Here are detail video https://youtu.be/sY2ppjU_PM8

• Worked for me. Check that ENABLE_USER_SCRIPT_SANDBOXING is disabled in the project's build settings.

Add a Comment

Replies

Got the same issue here. Any help appreciated

I have the same error can anyone help us?

Same here

Cannot compile my code anymore

Sandbox: rsync(37768) deny(1) file-write-create /Users...../Build/Debug-iphoneos/MyApp.app/Frameworks/InputBarAccessoryView.framework/.Info.plist.nd7plo

Check that ENABLE_USER_SCRIPT_SANDBOXING is disabled in the project's build settings.

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote reply of q2r5 Down vote reply of q2r5
  • ^ this is looking good, just tried it on a quick workspace with alomafire and cocopods and it build and deployed. trying a big boy app next

• this is worked for me. Thank you @q2r5. I've been dealing with this for days

• Yes! This worked, thank you!

Works for me! Thanks a lot, @q2r5!!!!!!!!!

• "Check that ENABLE_USER_SCRIPT_SANDBOXING is disabled in the project's build settings."

This works like a charm. Especially while working on the Simulator. Wow, Thumbs Up.

• Worst named build setting

Add a Comment

Disabling 'User Script Sandboxing' under the Project's Build Settings > Build Options fixed the issue for me as well! Thanks!

Add a Comment

cocoa pods need to update a lot of issues .

1. Delete derived
  2. Clean build folder
  3. pods deintegrate
  4. pods install
  5. source="$(readlink -f "${source}")"
  6. User Script Sandboxing' under the Project's Build Settings >

worked for me

NXOAuth2.0 Client unfortunately still doesn't work on Xcode 15.

Thanks! it worked.

The fix if you want to keep ENABLE_USER_SCRIPT_SANDBOXING enabled is to add the files as inputs and outputs. I use a script to set the build number in the build info plist file. I just need to set "${TARGET_BUILD_DIR}/${INFOPLIST_PATH}" as an output of the script

build setting ENABLE_USER_SCRIPT_SANDBOXING was added in Xcode 14 but enabled in the update to recommend setting in Xcode 15

From the Xcode 14 Release Notes:

You can now enable sandboxing for shell script build phases using the ENABLE_USER_SCRIPT_SANDBOXING build setting. Sandboxing blocks access to files inside the source root of the project as well as the Derived Data directory unless you list those files as inputs or outputs. When enabled, the build fails with a sandbox violation if a script phase attempts to read from or write to an undeclared dependency, preventing incorrect builds.

Thanks to Daniel Jalket's Blog Post: Xcode Build Script Sandboxing - https://indiestack.com/2023/06/xcode-build-script-sandboxing/

• Thank you! This option is the correct idiomatic way.

Add a Comment

open issue with CocoaPods https://github.com/CocoaPods/CocoaPods/issues/11946

@q2r5, Worked for me, too. Thank you for your information.

"Check that ENABLE_USER_SCRIPT_SANDBOXING is disabled in the project's build settings.". It works perfectly, thanks a lot

Hello , User script sandboxing - > Set " No " Did the job for me , Hope this help someone ..Happy Coding ....

• it works. thanks @Manish_Judal

Add a Comment

Hey guys,

does anyone have another suggestion for the solution? Unfortunately, ENABLE_USER_SCRIPT_SANDBOXING = NO didn't work for me. Actually, it was already set to NO.

I just got a new MacBook, upgraded it to macOS Sonoma, installed Xcode, cloned a project from GitHub, installed Pods, and I'm constantly getting this error for multiple pods (i.e. IronSourceSDK, InMobiSDK, MintegralAdSDK).

On my other mac (using macOS Ventura) I never got this kind of issue.

Any suggestion is welcome... Thanks!

• EDIT: For some reason I don't get this error anymore after reinstalling pods... 🤷‍♂️

• Have the same here, can anyone help us?

Add a Comment

This fixed an issue for me where gradle couldn't build the iOS framework for my Kotlin Multiplatform Mobile app.