Sonoma beta and AppleID, managed by profile?

Hello

In settings in Sonoma my AppleID is grayed out and listed as managed byt a profile, even though no such profile exists. Anyone else having this? Any way out of it?

Cheers and thanks

Add a Comment

Replies

Actually, the proper message is "These settings have been configured by a profile"

same issue - this happened right after I updated my iPhone to iOS17. My MacMini won't let me configure my Apple ID. My iPhone Apple ID and iMessage are both greyed out

• UPDATE - found the issue with the greyed out access and the message "These settings have been configured by a profile" this is how I fixed my issue - on my iPhone I went to - Settings > Screen time > Content and privacy > scroll to Allow changes and check if you are allowed to change your account. If not, enable them and check that your Apple ID is no longer greyed out.

this helped to give me back the access via my iPhone and MacMini hope this works for you

• Thank you

• Thank you! This worked for me. I couldn't make changes to my internet accounts.

Add a Comment

Nice one! Thanks a bunch! 🙌🙏

I don't understand but it worked. Thanks.

It appears that if you restrict changes under the Screen Time options on any iOS device on an account, it will restrict those changes on any other iOS or MacOS device on that account. This capability was apparently driven by Parental Controls considerations and designed to prevent a child from changing iCloud account parameters that would allow them to remove the controls from any device on which they have an account.

Many of us use this feature to prevent access to a stolen iPhone with a stolen pin that would allow changing iCloud account parameters without an iCloud password. It would be nice, but is not possible now, to be able to lock down an iPhone without also locking down an iPad and a Mac. The Mac getting locked is particularly problematical because the alternate Screen Time PIN access is not available on MacOS.

I am facing the same issues to make edits to my profile on the iMac. Had tried the screen-time security changes previously and nothing happened. Does this take a little bit of time between the two devices iPhone and iMac to sync-up??

I'm not a developer and had apple care on phone for 1 hour. Only solution was "migrate to a new session".

I searched in English(since I'm French based) and it worked.

thanks a lot for this !