How to get multiple camera streams?

I have an ARSCNView with nodes in AR. The UI guides you in scaling an object and the images captured are used to create a 3D model. When I try take a picture using arView.snapshot() it basically takes a screenshot a the resolution is the screen resolution and the nodes are visible. I also noticed that the AR View displays a lower quality output than the camera app.

If I try get a separate camera output with AVFoundation then the arView doesn't get an output and vive versa, it only allows one view to access the camera.

Is it possible to get a full resolution image without the nodes visible from the AR View (if I hide them, capture the image and display them again they do flicker) or is it possible to have 2 camera streams one to the arView and the other used to solely capture images (this one does not need to visible on screen)

Accepted Reply

Enquired about this during a lab session at WWDC and you cannot get multiple camera streams.

Replies

Enquired about this during a lab session at WWDC and you cannot get multiple camera streams.