Differences between .framework and .xcframework

Hi, I am developing a 'framework' for a client so they can embed some of my code into their own custom app. I'm confused a bit about the best option to distribute this. I have created an iOS 'framework' within my Xcode project and added all the necessary files there. Can I just build the framework and send them the build folder for the framework? Or is it better to generate an .xcframework that I read about somewhere? I'm just not completely sure about the benefits for distributing an .xcframework file (which there doesn't seem to be an option to generate from Xcode) over just the .framework folder from the built products? Thanks.

Accepted Reply

XCFrameworks are the single supported method for distributing pre-compiled code. It is a container format that can contain multiple frameworks, each targeting a different Apple platform. If you haven't seen it yet, here is the documentation.

Replies

XCFrameworks are the single supported method for distributing pre-compiled code. It is a container format that can contain multiple frameworks, each targeting a different Apple platform. If you haven't seen it yet, here is the documentation.