Always returning status 21004

In sandbox envirnoment, after making an auto-renewing subscription, all calls to: https://sandbox.itunes.apple.com/verifyReceipt Always returns:

{

environment = Sandbox;

status = 21004;

}

This error is meant to mean that the password sent with the request in wrong.

I am sending both the "receipt-data", and the "password". And I have checked a million times that the "password" matches the shared secret in iTunes Connect.

This same call works fine when validating a receipt before an anto-renewing subscription has been purchased.

So I am just wondering if this is a current issue on Apple's end, and if anyone else is experiencing the same problem?

Accepted Reply

I was just informed that this problem has been fixed. I then used a sample receipt provided in a recent bug report, and the receipt validated in the sandbox and presented the info on the auto-renewing subscriptions

rich kubota - rkubota@apple.com

developer technical support CoreOS/Hardware/MFI

Replies

Just to add my 50 cents, also having the same issue...

And I'm on it.

Testing with sandbox and testflight users.

First request to https://sandbox.itunes.apple.com/verifyReceipt is ok, getting some default receipt. So the password is working.

Successfully purchasing auto-renewable subscription.

After that i get only 21004 and can't get anything else.

Changing password (shared secret) does not help.

Same issue here. I always get status 21004 using sandbox when verifying auto-renewal receipts.

Same issue here. Any updates from Apple?

Apple, WAKE UP !! Please reply to us.

5 days. We are blocked on this problem.

Don't care ?

we are also having the same problem. Its now the 27th Feb. Apple please reply?

Is there a way to view the problem report and actions?

I find that this issue is still under investigation by the iTunes Store Server engineering group.

apple developer technical support CoreOS/Hardware/MFI

are there any solution of this ? ı also have the same issue.

I have been battling this since yesterday afternoon as well. No matter what I send up I get that error back, which seems to point to it being an issue Apples side with the verification responses.

Please help Apple!!

How is this possible in a so big and profitable company, that fully rely on in-app purchase revenue, to be stuck 7 days with a broken validating environment ?

What is broken ?

Please Apple, REACT.

Do you need some help for coding analysis ?

Thanks

Hello Apple,

Please fix this issue soon, I can't test auto-renewing subscription now.

"It's because AWS is down" will not be an accepted answer 😉

😁

I was just informed that this problem has been fixed. I then used a sample receipt provided in a recent bug report, and the receipt validated in the sandbox and presented the info on the auto-renewing subscriptions

developer technical support CoreOS/Hardware/MFI