Is it necessary to have Supervised device to use blockedAppBundleIDs parameter in MDM - Restrictions Payload?

Is it necessary to have Supervised device to use blockedAppBundleIDs parameter in MDM - Restrictions Payload? Documentation says device can be made Supervised only through DEP, and DEP or ABM is mainly for organizations or schools not for individuals, I'm developing an application related to parent control where I might have to use blockedAppBundleIDs in the restrictions payload, but it requires supervised device. Is there any way we can do DEP through OTA for individual, old devices ? Any suggestion here ?

Installing a configuration profile that specifies blockedAppBundleIDs requires a supervised device. Supervision is meant for organizations, not individuals.

I think you have an easier way to solve your problem. The Screen Time API allows a parental controls app to block which apps may launch, and that does not require a supervised device. See the WWDC21 session "Meet the Screen Time API". https://developer.apple.com/videos/play/wwdc2021/10123/?time=764

Is it necessary to have Supervised device to use blockedAppBundleIDs parameter in MDM - Restrictions Payload?

Q