NEFilterManager permission popup comes only on debug mode, not working on adhoc distributed app

The filter extensions works fine on my non supervised device in debug mode, but when I try to distribute the build through adhoc profile the filter permission is not showing up and I face this error, NEFilterErrorDomain Code=5 "permission denied" UserInfo={NSLocalizedDescription=permission denied

Replies

You cannot, in general, configure a content filter programmatically on iOS. The supported deployment mechanisms are documented in TN3134 Network Extension provider deployment.

You tagged your question with Screen Time which suggests that you might be building a Screen Time app. If so, you need to make sure that your app is authorised to use the Family Control capability in production. See the Important box at the top of this page.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

Yes, we are authorised to use family control capability in production. As per family control capability the device need not to be managed(supervised) right. I am asking for the permission after we get family control permission. Correct me if I am wrong here.

• The use of the NE filter extension is limited to supervised or FamilyControls child enrolled devices only. Meaning, filter extension will only be permitted for devices that are supervised or apps that have gone through the child authorization flow in FamilyControls. See AuthorizationCenter.requestauthorization(for:) documentation for more details.

Add a Comment